Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

Not loving the life jacket
Grandma and Johanna


Loving the jets
Tall, lanky boy...definitely not a Vander Vliet:)

For my parents 60th birthdays and 40th wedding anniversary, the whole Vander Vliet family headed up North to The Great Wolf Lodge for a few days of relaxation and fun. We went up on Sunday and played in the waterpark for awhile. We were all quite hungry, except for me because I might have bought nachos at the park:), so we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. LP was getting a bit cranky as it was WAY past his bedtime and all the Christmas parties made him get way off schedule. After an hour and a half of trying to get him to sleep, he finally caved so that Brad and I could go down to my parents rooms and play some Catchphrase with my very competitive family.

Monday we went to the park for a while and then Brad watched LP while I went to the mall for a bit. I found some crazy good deals at Gymboree, so I was there a bit longer than I had planned on. Monday night we went out to the Jolly Pumpkin for my dad's 60th birthday. We were fortunate to get babysitters for the night so we had a kidfree night. Unfortunately we also had a Colin-free night because Henry had gotten sick before we left and they didn't feel right about leaving him with a sitter...especially one he didn't know:). After a great dinner, followed by some arcade time, we resorted to my parents room for another round of Catchphrase.

We packed up early Tuesday morning and took LP to the waterpark for one last hurrah. He wasn't loving it that early in the morning, so we headed out of Traverse by noon. Overall we had a wonderful time. Thanks, mom and dad for a great couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment